URBAN JUNGLE L TRAIN VINTAGE
I'm sorry for the wait, but I've finally been able to take a second and sit in front of my Macbook to fill you in on my Urban Jungle thrift experience.
First off, the store is HUGE. Two floors of treasures. It's best to go when you have no rush, because you can find so much, you just need to come with time to look. There are racks PACKED with things. Genuine fur coats, leather jackets, jean jackets, flannels, and so many army pieces it's insane. Varsity jackets, handbags, accessories, it's vintage heaven. If you have the patience to thrift (I was with my fiance who knows NOTHING about patience when it comes to shopping), this is an amazing place to check out. The prices are amazing too. Super cheap! Well worth the visit in my opinion.
I mentioned in a comment that I would compile a list of thrift stores to check out, so as promised, here they are:
- L TRAIN VINTAGE - 1377 Dekalb Ave, New York, 11221
- BEACONS CLOSET - 74 Guernsey St, Brooklyn, NY 11222 and 10 W 13th St
- BUFFALO EXCHANGE - 114 W 26th St, New York, NY 10001
- UNIQUE - 408 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Those are my absolute favorites. If you're into second hand vintage designer items, (a bit pricey), these are a few of my favorites:
- A SECOND CHANCE DESIGNER RESALE - 155 Prince St, New York, NY 10012 and 1109 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10075
- WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND - 351 W Broadway, New York, NY 10013
- FILLMORE AND 5TH - 398 Broome St, New York, NY 10013
- TOKIO 7 - 83 E 7th St, New York, NY 10003 (I've never been but I've heard this one is pretty awesome)
There's a world of thrift and consignment shops out there, and I need to see them all! If you've visited or know of any dope ones that I need to check out LET ME KNOW! I love me a good thrift store!