"OMG DESTINIE, YOU AREN'T WEARING BLACK TODAY"
Those were the exact words that someone said to me the other day.
Um, what's wrong with wearing black?
Listen to me Kings. Black garments are STAPLE, and I encourage you all to stick to your staples.
I mean sure, don't be afraid to venture out. I'm someone who is obsessed with black. I think it's so clean, so chic. I feel so beautiful when I'm wearing all black. A dark color, yes, yet I feel the brightest when I'm wearing it.
I have been learning about other colors that work well with my skin tone, like greys and camels.
I think every King needs to have black staples in her closet:
- LBD - A"little black dress" is staple. Don't have anything to wear for that event? Here is where your little black dress comes in. Dress her up or down.
- Black leather jacket - Staple. Timeless. A leather jacket will NEVER go out of style.
- Black turtleneck - OMG I'm obsessed with black turtlenecks. Nothing says chic like a black turtleneck. Not everyone is a turtle neck fan, so maybe opt for a black sweater instead.
- Black pants - The style of the pants is more of your personal preference. They can be skin tight jeans, or boyfriend jeans. I personally have a fave pair from Topshop, with rips in the knees, that are my absolute favorite. I wear them with both heels and sneakers.
- Black skirt - I almost always go with a midi, body con skirt. I love them. They are super comfortable, and you can do so much with them, from band tees to crop tops, heels or sneakers.
- Black boots - For when you want to "up" the outfit, yet still be comfortable. Your preference here, from thigh highs, to ankle booties.
- Black heels - Perfect to transition any outfit. Heels can be casual and dressy. Your black heels will be your go to's to complete your outfit.
- Black sneakers - They go with everything. You'll be ultra cute and casual.
- Black hat - For my Kings who like hats, grab you a black one. You can play with texture here too. Leather hats are my favorite.
- Black bag - "Oh my God, I don't have a bag to go with this outfit". Here is where you grab that black one.
- Black sunnies - Throw these on and watch how cute you'll look. "Who's the girl behind those shades?" Literally, everyone will wonder who's behind the black sunnies.
I find that having these pieces in my closet truly help seal my wardrobe together. Every piece listed comes in handy, trust me! You'll be able to wear them all together, creating multiple looks, and with other items that you already have in your closet.